Marketing strategy is one of the most important aspects for starting as well as running a small or even a big business. Through this marketing strategy, the business promotes its product or service to the targeted audience on small scale as well as on a large scale. Now in the case of large companies investing millions of dollars to convert the targeted audience into paying customers. For the majority of small and medium businesses spending that much amount money is not possible but surely at their level, they try potential methods to do the same. In the market, two broad ways are used known as Traditional and Digital Marketing. Now using these two methods are purely based on budget and the potential way in which the market is working. In the case of large firms, budget is not an issue that is the reason most of the time they spend money on whoever works for them. Choosing the right market strategy is one of the most important decisions for small and medium firms running in the market. Now for choosing the best there is an initial requirement of a fully fletched comparison between both of these marketing strategies and then the one which is suitable as per one’s business can opt. In this article, we are going to do the same so if you are in search of counting down advantages as well disadvantages then this is the article for you. Kindly do read the article till the end.
What is Traditional Marketing?
This is a conventional marketing strategy that mainly uses several offline promotional as well advertising methods to reach out to their potential customer. This method is even quite old and that is the reason many known companies have already tried the ways that come under it. The potential method utilized is already known so there is nothing much to study and then implement but with this there are even a few gates of modernization. While this method was mostly in use before the emergence of the internet in the 1990s. Until that time digital ways of doing things were not that much in fashion. Now on an everyday basis, we come across a lot of traditional marketing forms such as newspaper ads and billboards. Even till now, these old school methods are considered as one of the fantastic ways available to reach out to local audiences without using the web as a source of communication. Let’s look at some of the major categories of traditional marketing:
- Printed Ads in Newspapers, magazines, books, leaflets, pamphlets, brochures and many more.
- Some sort of outdoor ads such as the billboards and flyers
- Broadcasting ads in Radio and Television
- Sending out direct mails
- Various other options of Telemarketing such as SMS marketing, calling customers directly by using the method of cold calling
- Face to face marketing
Now let’s look at few advantages as well as disadvantages:
Advantages of Traditional Marketing:
- Tv commercials or advertisements are done through billboards are quite easy to understand and with that, it also remains in customers’ minds for a long period.
- Using local newspapers, FM radio and flyers are an effective way to target the local audience.
- The hard copy used as a resource in traditional marketing can remain with the customer for a longer period and can even be recycled.
Disadvantages of Traditional Marketing:
- There are no rooms open for reviews and comments so we never learn the customer’s direct response.
- Posting Ads on TV, magazine or broadcasting it on FM radio is way too expensive
- The direct sale strategy is quite a time consuming
What is Digital Marketing?
This form of marketing is something that is based on the potential use of the internet, relative sources and electronic devices at the same time. This marketing strategy is new that has arrived in the market based on the convenience of today’s customers. Apart from all this, it is even the most popular and highly used marketing strategy opted by large, medium as well small firms across the globe. This is because the internet is in wide use nowadays and for everything, people make use of it. The digital marketing strategy has a lot of things going on this there is extensive use to study the strategy before utilizing it in one’s business. It connects millions of people online as there is the direct involvement of social media in this form. Comparison and communication is the major player in digital marketing and with time e-commerce has reached to certain heights. Some of the most popular types in Digital marketing is as follows:
- Search engine optimization
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Influencer marketing
Now let’s look at few advantages as well as disadvantages:
Advantages of Digital Marketing:
- Here the interaction with potential or targeted audiences is quite high. If you laugh at an event or campaign you can know how people are reacting towards it in some time after the announcement.
- The effectiveness of ways in use can easily be measured that makes it effective
- Feels like working in a real-world scenario as in everything options can be asked through social media handles.
- It is less time consuming and way too cheaper as compared to traditional marketing
Disadvantages of Digital Marketing:
- Digital ads, social media posts or even emails are not permanent. Many times can be ignored and then for future need there is not a copy present with the customer
- Some ads are quite annoying to customers and then report it
- Creating ads online and organizing events are jobs that require a little bit of knowledge about the technology used behind it.
Both the strategies are currently in use you are just required to under the one which suits you the best. I hope the information was quite useful.
Ovais Mirza, a seasoned professional blogger, delves into an intriguing blend of subjects with finesse. With a passion for gaming, he navigates virtual realms, unraveling intricacies and sharing insights. His exploration extends to the realm of hacking, where he navigates the fine line between ethical and malicious hacking, offering readers a nuanced perspective. Ovais also demystifies the realm of AI, unraveling its potential and societal impacts. Surprisingly diverse, he sheds light on car donation, intertwining technology and philanthropy. Through his articulate prose, Ovais Mirza captivates audiences, fostering an intellectual journey through gaming, hacking, AI, and charitable endeavors.
Disclaimer: The articles has been written for educational purpose only. We don’t encourage hacking or cracking. In fact we are here discussing the ways that hackers are using to hack our digital assets. If we know, what methods they are using to hack, we are in very well position to secure us. It is therefore at the end of the article we also mention the prevention measures to secure us.