Restore deleted messages from WhatsApp
How to restore deleted messages from WhatsApp of iPhone and android
There were some times when you have deleted several important WhatsApp messages by mistake and then later were not able to restore it. There is some sort of methods that you have tried but nothing worked. Well, if you are someone who falls in the category of this kind of people then I am sure that this article is for you. In this article, we are going to discuss some ways through which you can recover deleted messages from your WhatsApp very easily without doing anything complex to be followed.
Ways to recover deleted WhatsApp messages:
The first method of recovering the deleted messages is by using the cloud backup:
If you are someone who has already created a cloud backup on your respective drive or iCloud then just follow the steps written below one by one.
- The first thing that you need to do is to uninstall the WhatsApp from your device and then install it again and then set it up using your phone number.
- Soon after the app is been verified by the OTP sent via SMS. You will receive a prompt box asking you whether you want to restore your backup from Google drive or iCloud in that case kindly grant the permission and proceed further.
- Just tap on the option of restore.
Through this method, all your messages will be restored in the app of your device. This will take only a few minutes to get completed. Any new message that will come at the time of the backup will be deleted kindly take care of this thing.
The second method of recovering the messages is by using the local backup:
This method is only available for an android user it’s not for iPhone user as we know that the file manager of the iPhone is very nice. If you already have the old backup of your google drive then follow the first two steps or else kindly ignore it.
- First of all, open google drive on your phone and then tap on the three lines on the top left corner of your screen. Then go with the hamburger option that is the backup option known in simpler.
- Then you need to delete the WhatsApp backup from your google drive. This is mainly done to force the WhatsApp app to search for all your required backup on the phone.
- After this kindly uninstall the WhatsApp app from your device and then install it again after a few seconds. Then you need to set the WhatsApp with your mobile number and verify it with the OTP send to you via SMS.
- Soon after this, you will receive a prompt asking for restore from your local storage. In this make sure that you already have transferred the WhatsApp folder from your SD card.
- Then after this just tap on restore option.
This method will help you restore all the received and sent messages within no time. The default time of WhatsApp been set for the backup at 2:00 pm every night. Or else you can always make a fresh backup that will also bring all your old messages back. Also, through this, the newly deleted messages can even restore easily.
The third method can be used to recover the old messages this is only done via local backup:
This method can be used to recover your old messages. The newer WhatsApp local backup can be even used to get this very problem solved when you lose your messages. This will only work if you have deleted the messages 7 days earlier as after this is not valid. The only risk that arises with this method is that there are 95% chances that you will lose your present WhatsApp messages. So kindly take this risk if the past message is really important to you.
- The first thing you need to do is to uninstall your WhatsApp.
- Then you need to open the file manager of your device. Proceed to WhatsApp folder-> databases. There you will find a 1 file name as msgstore.db.crypt12. This is the recent backup of your messages. In the same folder, you will see 7 more files in the format of msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db. crypto12
- Rename the current backup folder of your messages with whatever you want ( msgstore. db. crypt12). This is done just in case there is no confusion and the user loses his recent messages folder.
- Now the main task is to remember the one day before the date when you deleted your messages. And then find the folder according to that and name is as per your requirement. After all these things are done kindly install the WhatsApp app again on your device and check for the message you need.
All the methods mentioned above have been useful by many users. Kindly try these if you are also facing the same problem. I hope the article was useful to all my readers.