If you are someone who is in the field of digital marketing for a long period now than you must be aware of the fact that there are two ways through which one can use the search engine. Those two methods are known as search engine optimization (SEO) and pay per click (PPC). Both of these techniques are quite important in the field of digital marketing. The digital marketing platforms come with a lot of phases and in some situation, marketers are not able to keep it up with all that in such cases to focus and showcase their brand then make use of SEO or PPC. But from the past few years same and same question is being raised multiple times that among SEO and PPC which one is better to be used while considering some using factors such as user friendly, efficient and in the market budget. In this article, we are going to compare SEO and PPC.
Also Read: How to do Ecommerce Marketing
Let’s see each of these briefly:
SEO is the short form of search engine optimization and PPC is the short form of pay per click. Both these are tools that are used to help marketers to notice the ongoing business online. Thus, can be termed as the two sides of the same coins.
SEO( Search Engine optimizing):
SEO is an optimizing tool. This tool helps in optimizing the website content that results in improving the rank of the website and as a result, more traffic is noticed. All the famous companies are using this tool nowadays when it comes to content marketing due to its excellent results. In the market, this is often referred to as an organic or natural result providing tool which is true to the very extent. This helps in uplifting the ranking of the website to get into the popular google search without paying any kind of money.
Let’s now see some of the popular advantages offered by SEO which makes it one of the popular choices of many famous digital marketers worldwide:
- This is considered as an organic way through which any website can be promoted
- There are various tools provided by SEO such as google my business which helps marketers to increase the localized traffic which is kind of important for every other business small or large.
- This leads to a better user experience
- SEO can promote one of the best cost management tools noted by a lot of sources
- SEO can build brand credibility
- This also ensures that the website is mobile-friendly
- This is a long-lasting tool that has a consistent method
- Web visibility is also increased by SEO
- It helps in the growth of your business
Now let’s look at some of the disadvantages too:
- It is quite competitive to use this tool
- The marketers need to take potential risk and initiative in building the required links
- The performance of this tool is quite slow
Also Read: Learn the difference between SEO,SEM and PPC
PPC (Pay Per Click):
PPC is considered the most promising way offered if you want to reach the first page quickly as compared to SEO speed of performance. As in PPC, the work is done within days while in SEO months is taken to reach only up to one page further. The ads feature offered by PPC give exposure to your brand. Apart from this, there is even power provided to increase your click-through rate (CTR), as if the CTR is higher the better will be your rank among the search made. There is even paid promotion offered of your content or product based on your preference. The websites can also be selected as per the marketers. These are some popular platforms offered: Google, Bing, Facebook, Amazon and much more.
Let’s now see some of the popular advantages offered by PPC which makes it one of the popular choices of many famous digital marketers worldwide:
- The performance of PPC is extremely fast as compared to that of SEO
- PPC offers cost-efficient ads
- Retargeting or remarketing of the visitor at your website is offered by PPC.
- This provides you with measurable results
- You are allowed to trace ROI with conversion pixels with the use of PPC
- Greater control is offered
- The conversion rate is high when we make use of PPC
Now let’s look at some of the disadvantages too:
- PPC provide services that are paid
- This platform can be a little complexed to be understood
- The ads can disappear automatically when your campaign ends
- There is a requirement of the high skilled person to use this as this is short term in nature
- To get more clicks, you need to spend more.
Join Digital marketing course in Delhi to practically apply the SEO and PPC strategies on Live Projects.
We have seen both SEO and PPC briefly. Both are quite good techniques that can be used on any website based on the choice of the developer. Both platforms have their own set of advantages as well as disadvantages. The visibility of your website can be increased by both of this platform. The decision is yours. But if used together than the result would be more effective as per us. I hope the article was useful to all my readers:
Ovais Mirza, a seasoned professional blogger, delves into an intriguing blend of subjects with finesse. With a passion for gaming, he navigates virtual realms, unraveling intricacies and sharing insights. His exploration extends to the realm of hacking, where he navigates the fine line between ethical and malicious hacking, offering readers a nuanced perspective. Ovais also demystifies the realm of AI, unraveling its potential and societal impacts. Surprisingly diverse, he sheds light on car donation, intertwining technology and philanthropy. Through his articulate prose, Ovais Mirza captivates audiences, fostering an intellectual journey through gaming, hacking, AI, and charitable endeavors.
Disclaimer: The articles has been written for educational purpose only. We don’t encourage hacking or cracking. In fact we are here discussing the ways that hackers are using to hack our digital assets. If we know, what methods they are using to hack, we are in very well position to secure us. It is therefore at the end of the article we also mention the prevention measures to secure us.