OnPage SEO and OffPage SEO Optimization
Okay, let’s start with some definitions first to make sure we are all on the same page:
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of getting traffic through the free or natural listings on the search engines. Search engine optimization is divided into two branches: on page SEO and off page SEO.
On page SEO is a way in which you can shuffle around and edit on a page of your website to get high ranks for that particular page only.
Off page SEO is what you can do on other sites to get a good ranking for your page. Off page SEO increases your sites rankings in search engines.
Now that you know what On page and Off page optimization is, here are the steps you should take:
Steps To Take For On Page SEO
Here are a few things you can do for improving your on page SEO:
- Include friendly URL’s to your website. The pages on your websites contain these URL’s and then they lead to your content eventually.
- Optimize keywords, titles, description, etc. to prevent your website from being referred to as spam by Google; it is highly important that you link your major pages to your website’s homepage wherever and whenever necessary.
- Create a sitemap so that all your pages are indexed by search engines and they can show it in lists when people search.
- Post qualitative and interesting content so that it gets higher ratings and could be shown on the top of the list.
- Make sure your html code is free from all errors and warnings.
Steps To Take For Off Page SEO
Off page SEO is basically how your internet portrays your website. A professional off page SEO will be able to employ their own resources to control how search engines view their websites and how much they are ranked.
Quality links should be built for building purpose which include page relevance, page rank and authority sites.
You can build Off Page SEO through the following:
- Promoting your content through social networking sites,
- Using logs for commenting,
- Posting on forums,
- Article/press release promotion,
- Submitting content to directories,
- Link baiting,
- Posting classified ads and
- Exchanging links with relevant sites.
After having basics in place, creating masses of useful content is the main on page optimization strategy that a webmaster should focus on, but without off page SEO you will not see your website’s current ranking increasing significantly.
If you have any more questions on how you can improve SEO, feel free to ask me in the comments section below.