How to fix Chromecast Disney Plus not working
This article is all about discussing the solution to the most common error encountered in Disney+ available on the Chromecast device. So, if you are someone who uses Google Chromecast to watch Disney plus then you may have already run into this problem. Keep reading the article further to find the various fixes. One of the most important things is that you can use several ways to fix this type of error just by sitting at home. Thus, if you see the Disney plus not available on the Chromecast device message on your particular device then this guide will surely help you out. Kindly make note of one more important point that the error message stating that the Chromecast source not supported is not the same as the one we are going to discuss in this very article. Both these error messages are quite common with the active user of Chromecast and all these people have a claim to experience these two from time to time. Many of us already know that several TV brands do not support the chrome casting of Disney+. Here there is a list of tips that one can simply follow to have a pleasant experience of watching any of your favourite shows on the Disney plus platform with the use of your Chromecast device.
How to watch Disney+ on Chromecast?
Almost everyone who wishes to watch their favourite television show can start streaming the content of Disney plus on their respective Television using the Chromecast device. There are few steps written below that will help you out.
- Make sure that the Chromecast device is properly connected to your respective Television and then after this kindly turn it on.
- After this open, the Disney plus app on your smartphone and then from there select any movie or show of your choice that you would like to stream
- Then after this, you are required to select the cast icon from the upper right corner of the very page.
- In there you would be asked to select the device name from the list available, in case you are not able to find one kindly select the Chromecast device when that is prompted on the screen
- After this, the connection will be successfully established and after this, you can start the streaming of any particular show of Disney plus on your television using the Chromecast device.
This is the simplest way anyone can use to stream any favourite show or movie from the Disney plus app using the Chromecast device. You can play or pause anything or even mute whenever you like just by using your mobile phone.
How to fix the streaming problem associated with Disney+ at home?
If you are someone who has recently found some problems associated with streaming of Disney plus at home then there are several things you can try to overcome those problems.
- If there are problems associated with the streaming then the first thing you can do is to restart your TV, set-up box, game console, mobile handset. Soon after this, it may be possible that the problem is solved.
- The other thing that you can do is to turn off your home router for about 60 seconds and then restart it to see if the problem remains or not
- The third thing that you can do is to turn off your modem for about 30 seconds and then restart it again
- Another possible thing is to reinstall the Disney plus apps on your device
- Even after this if you are still dealing with the streaming issues then it might be possible that your wireless router is in a poor location and that is why the signals are being blocked. You can just try moving it to a whole new location that may be quite open than the previous one. You might also try direct connecting the router to your smart TV, game console or set-up box. As using the LAN cable, if possible, the signal strength is increased somewhat. Here there is a requirement of at least 5Mbps of download speed to access the HD content of Disney plus and around 25Mbps for obtaining 4K.
- There are possibilities that some older TVs as well monitors encounter some issues with streaming videos that are of higher definition. In the case of Disney plus your TV or monitor should be able to support HDCP 2.2 to video 4K videos as well as HDR content.
Try Updating your Chromecast Firmware
You can even try updating your Chromecast Firmware as the problem of it not working can be due to the use of older firmware. As some TVs do not support the Disney plus casting due to the outdated version of the version. Mainly TVs which are bought nowadays come with a built-in Chromecast with firmware 1.36 or even higher than that. There are chances if the firmware is not updated then the error message can occur. For this you can follow the steps written below:
- Firstly, open the Google Home application on your smartphone. If you have the app already install kindly, do it as soon as possible. As the Google home gives you full control to manage the Chromecast device.
- After this just go to the app menu and from there kindly launch the Google Home app on your respective smartphone.
- The home page will show you the respective device name that is been connected to your device. Kindly click on the name of your particular Chromecast device.
- Now after this kindly select the settings button available at the upper corner of the same page.
- Kindly scroll down the page to the very last option that displays the current firmware version of the device. If the version is not upgraded you will be asked immediately to do so. This can even be done manually.
Sometimes the error that has been encountered is also due to your television set. As per many resources available online many TV brands such as Vizio does not support chrome casting of the Disney plus app.
I hope the information shared above was useful to all my readers.