A recent update is causing PS5 Black Screen issues. And thats the common problem most of the PS5 users are facing. If you are also one of them then this article is for you. Read the full article to know more. There are a few ways that have helped to repair PS5 not appearing on TV due to signal issues! Let’s see which one you like. Before we go into fixing the PS5 not appearing on TV issue, let us clarify why the PS5 screen turns dark and what causes it.
Why does my PS5 have a dark screen?
Many things might cause a PS5 black screen.
In this thorough PS5 Black Screen Guide, I will explain all the reasons why the PS5 screen turns black and how to cure each one.
- Broken or dusty HDMI ports / No power/faulty power cable
- Faulty Disc Hardware Glitch
What does a dark PS5 screen mean?
The PS5 blank screen following PS Logo generally means:
- There is a problem with your HDMI cables or ports.
- Or the TV doesn’t support PS5, therefore it doesn’t show up.
Solution 1: A Very Simple PS5 Black Screen Fix
Like me, many gamers neglect the most fundamental things.
Before you do anything else, check your PS5’s power cords.
Ensure the socket has power and the cord is ok.
If that was not the case, let us move on to the most common PS5 Black Screen problem.
Solution 2: PS5 HDMI Cable? Ps5 HDMI Cables Check
If your PS5 HDMI isn’t working, try 2.1 HDMI cables or High Speed HDMI cables.
Let’s see whether your PS5 cables are defective and causing the black screen error:
- Disconnect the HDMI cords from your TV and PS5.
- If you want to replace it, first try swapping the HDMI cords.
- Connect your PS5’s HDMI cord to your TV’s HDMI port.
If this doesn’t work, disconnect your TV for 1 minute, then replug it.
Solution 3: Change Video Output for PS5 Black Screen
If the preceding method did not work for you, then follow the instructions below to change your Video Output and repair PS5 Black Screen:
- Press the power button on the front of your PS5.
- Click the power button for two beeps.
- Connect the PS5 DualSense controller to the USB cord and link it using the PS button.
- Change Video Output > Resolution. safe-mode ps5
- Then choose OK to restart your PS5 and set the video output resolution.
- If the PS5 doesn’t work, use option 2: Change HDCP Mode > HDCP 1.4 Only.
Solution 4: To Fix PS5 Black Screen On Startup, Perform a Hard Reset
Many people have reported success with this technique in resolving the PS5 black screen after the PS logo.
Simply follow these steps:
- To completely shut off the console, hold the power button for 10 seconds.
- Remove the power connector from the console’s rear.
- Now press and hold the power button numerous times until there is no more power left, which will clear the cache and drain any residual current from the PS5.
- Reconnect the power brick and wait a few moments.
- Restart your PS5 to see whether the PS5 Black Screen has been resolved.
Solution 5: Fix PS5 Black Screen No Video Signal on TV by contacting PS5 Customer Service.
If none of the previous options worked for you, your only option is to go to the PlayStation Official Website. Alternatively, you may visit your local Sony Service Center, where they can assist you in resolving your PS5 won’t display on TV issue.
Signs of an HDMI Problem
There are a few of telltale signs that your PS5 HDMI isn’t functioning. A dark screen or a message on the screen such as “no input” or “no signal” would be the most noticeable. This would strongly imply that no visual signal is being received if you are on the right channel for the HDMI connection you are using.
There’s also a problem where the PS5 starts on, shows a blue light for a long time, and then shuts off. This might indicate a hardware problem, which would very probably need a repair.
It’s worth noting that, even if you’re feeling adventurous, disassembling your console and trying to fix it yourself isn’t a good idea. If you need to repair or replace the HDMI port, soldering will almost probably be required. Any warranty will certainly be voided, and you may wind up causing more harm than was originally present.
What is the best way to reset my PlayStation 5 without losing my data?
Resetting your PS5 console is another simple cure for the black screen. Don’t panic; you can do it using the steps below to prevent losing any game data.
- Hold down the PS5 Power button for two seconds until the console beeps twice.
- Then, using the USB cord, connect your game controller and click the PS button to enter safe mode.
- Finally, choose “Reset PS5” and wait for the console to finish the procedure.
After you’ve reset your PS5, try booting it up normally to see whether the black screen problem has been resolved.
This article should help you solve a black or blank screen on your PS5. If your TV or PS5 HDMI port is damaged, call a specialist. If everything else fails, we suggest contacting Playstation customer care to address the problem.
Ovais Mirza, a seasoned professional blogger, delves into an intriguing blend of subjects with finesse. With a passion for gaming, he navigates virtual realms, unraveling intricacies and sharing insights. His exploration extends to the realm of hacking, where he navigates the fine line between ethical and malicious hacking, offering readers a nuanced perspective. Ovais also demystifies the realm of AI, unraveling its potential and societal impacts. Surprisingly diverse, he sheds light on car donation, intertwining technology and philanthropy. Through his articulate prose, Ovais Mirza captivates audiences, fostering an intellectual journey through gaming, hacking, AI, and charitable endeavors.
Disclaimer: The articles has been written for educational purpose only. We don’t encourage hacking or cracking. In fact we are here discussing the ways that hackers are using to hack our digital assets. If we know, what methods they are using to hack, we are in very well position to secure us. It is therefore at the end of the article we also mention the prevention measures to secure us.