YouTube is one of the most prominent and popular social media sites that we have today.
Every single day, millions of people watch hundreds and thousands of videos, pertaining to their interests, on the given platform.
But what exactly is YouTube and why is it rewarding?
How can we use YouTube to boost our business online?
Just keep on scrolling down and you’ll get all the answers you are looking for.
Let’s begin by defining it.
What Is YouTube?
YouTube is a great video-sharing site stationed in San Bruno, California. It was created in February 2005 by Chad Hurley, Jawed Karim and Steve Chen and was later bought by Google as one of its subsidiary ventures.
It is a platform which allows you to perform a plethora of activities in one single place and can be used for numerous purposes ranging from education to entertainment and brainstorming to business.
The social media site of YouTube offers the chance to its users to view, upload, share, rate, comment, report and subscribe to different video channels for the fulfilment of their desired goals.
It allows them to harp on a variety of corporate media and user-generated videos.
YouTube also helps the publishers earn huge amounts of advertising revenue with the help of Google AdSense.
The crucial components of YouTube include:
- Video clips
- Music videos
- Short films
- Business Videos
- TV show clips
- Live streams
- Video Blogging
- Educational videos
These are only some types of videos one can upload on YouTube. Literally, any type of content can be uploaded n YouTube.
How To Create A YouTube Channel?
Follow these simple steps to create a YouTube channel:
- Start by signing into YouTube.
- Then click upon the user icon which is being displayed at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on the gear icon in order to get into the YouTube settings of your account.
- Next up, click on the button ‘Create a new channel.’
- The next step asks you to choose a username by clicking on “Use a business or other name”
- You must add your Brand name here and then click ‘create’.
It’s that simple.
How To Create A Video On YouTube?
Follow these steps to create a video on YouTube :
- Start by going to the Video Editor Page on YouTube.
- Now, select ‘Dropdown Menu’ displayed at the top right corner.
- Choose “Video Manager > Video Editor”.
- Go to the toolbar and name your video by giving it an appropriate title.
- . Next up, select a licence type for your video.
You can choose either’Standard Licencing’ or ‘ Creative Commons Attribution Licence’.
- Collect clips for your videos.
- You can also add a suitable soundtrack by clicking on the ‘music note’ button on your toolbar.
- Add text to created video and choose a tab on the toolbar.
- Next up, you can go and publish your video on YouTube.
Understanding Video Marketing
They say that a photo is worth a thousand words.
Can you imagine what would be the value of an engaging video then?
Don’t think much as marketing via videos is highly rewarding.
Video marketing refers to the use of video for promoting and marketing business online.
The underlying principle behind video marketing is to collaborate with engaging videos with a marketing campaign.
It helps to build customer rapport and acts as a channel to promote live-stream events and customer testimonials.
Keyword Research For YouTube Videos
It is important for a video marketer to do keyword research beforehand in order to gain maximum benefits from his/her video marketing campaign on YouTube.
Keyword Research enables you to find words as well as phrases which can gain the traction of people towards your channel on YouTube.
Choose the right keywords by following these simple tips :
- Don’t forget to think like a customer.
- Research as much as you can about the competition.
- Comprehend the long tail keyword.
- Use potent keyword research tools
- Remember to analyse the results at regular intervals.
How To Enable Monetization On YouTube?
- Begin by Signing in to your account on YouTube.
- Now select your account icon displayed on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on Creator Studio.
- Select Channel > Status and other features on the left menu.
- Next up, click on ‘Enable’ in the monetization arena.
- Lastly, follow the steps to accept the terms and conditions presented by YouTube.
How To Link YouTube Channel With Google Ads?
Follow these simple steps to link your account on YouTube with Google Ads :
- Begin by Signing in to your channel on YouTube.
- Then click on your channel icon/ name present on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Creator Studio.
- Now click on Channel displayed on your left and then click on Advanced.
- Click on ‘link a Google Ads account’ present under account linking category.
- Now click on the ‘Finish’ button.
- Once the Google Ads account owner accepts your request, your channel will be directly linked to it.
Grow Your Website Traffic Through YouTube
Do you wish to boost site traffic on your YouTube videos?
Here are a few tips and tricks to follow to get the task done.
Let’s dive right in.
- Use highly effective and rich keywords as your video tags.
- Transcribe your YouTube videos and post such transcripts in your video description itself.
- Reply and comment on popular videos for increasing your channel visibility on YouTube.
- Insert Keywords in the titles of your videos.
- Direct a plethora of links to your video in order to increase website traffic to your site.
- You can also add videos at the end of your marketing video for reaping maximum profits.
YouTube is a prolific platform for conducting a video marketing campaign for any given business online.